How to Treat Shoulder Pain with Chiropractic Care
Are you experiencing pain or discomfort in your shoulders? While untreated shoulder pain can stop you from enjoying many daily activities, routine chiropractic treatment will give you back the life you love.
Common with both adolescents and adults who are athletes or work very physical jobs, shoulder pain is caused by muscle overuse and can lead to more serious health concerns such as back pain or tingling and numbness in the hands.
Shoulder pain can appear in a number of ways:
- Frozen shoulder: Irritated nerves in the upper back and lower neck
- Dislocated shoulder: Injury where the upper arm pops out of the shoulder blade
- Shoulder bursae: Inflammation of the fluid-filled pads that reduce friction at the joints
- Rotator cuff injury: Strain at the tendons that connect the shoulder muscles to bone
- Tendinitis: Swelling of the tissue that connects the shoulder muscles to bones
Shoulder Pain Treatment with Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care is a growing field that alleviates and manages the discomfort that shoulder pain causes to everyday tasks. As a holistic alternative to pain medications, chiropractors offer patients a non-addictive and non-invasive form of treatment to relieve the muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, or capsules that cause shoulder irritation.
Through targeted alignments, chiropractors are able to reduce the shoulder inflammation and improve mobility in the affected area as well as the entire nervous system. By reducing irritation in the skeletal and nervous system, your body is better equipped to handle the shoulder pain.
Oftentimes, patients feel relief after one alignment session, although a series of appointments is recommended for long-term relief.
Patients who have treated their shoulder pain with chiropractic care have received the following benefits:
- Lessened pain and discomfort
- Decreased inflammation and irritation
- Improved range of motion and flexibility
- Increased muscle tone and strength
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are experiencing shoulder pain or discomfort, Northgate Chiropractic Clinic is here to help. Our doctors will perform tests to determine if chiropractic care can help alleviate your shoulder pain and provide a timeline for how long your treatment may take.
We are committed to providing our patients with exceptional care through a variety of shoulder pain treatment types unique to your symptoms.
Although shoulder pain is common, there is no reason you need to live with it. Shoulder pain treatment is available and all it takes is walking into Northgate Chiropractic Clinic. Give us a call today at (507) 285-1677.